The more I look at Google Docs the more I like it. After watching the videos Brooke posted I see more possibilities and benefits. I could use this with my music colleagues to draft documents, work on curriculum documents, and share documents I have come up with for use in my schools. They can easily edit and save as their own version for their schools. Here is a sample schedule I made that other staff in the building can access to build the music schedule.
I do see forms as a really useful tool in assessing kids or gaining information from kids. I can see using this with staff to gather info about the district for big picture planning as the above form demonstrates.
Google Docs can only replace office if there is a consistent and reliable access to the internet everywhere. In order to use it you'll have to be at a network, in a wireless zone or have 3G access through cell towers. If that were a given I think it could take over if the software was as feature rich and if enough people trusted Google to keep their stuff safe and secure.
Hi Peter,
ReplyDeleteI love how you jump in with both feet. You always go above and beyond and you certainally are doing that on your blog. I've enjoyed reading your comments, learning the Itsy Bitsy Spider moves from you and seeing your beautiful woodworking all in one spot. Quite cool. Keep stretching! You are an inspiration to me. Nancy