Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thing #10

Google Reader is pretty cool. This too takes time to look at and read BUT you can tailor the info you are looking at and it is in one place. It feels a little like facebook. I can get bogged down with reading every ones posts and checking out others profiles etc. It's a big time sucker. Google reader can offer reading with a focused agenda. I can see using Google Reader if I can find sites that are relevant to me at a particular time for either personal or professional reasons. It is easy enough to change what you are getting so it isn't too overwhelming. Add a site or take a site off depending on what you need to know about. I have often thought about using a site like this so now I know how to do it! We'll see how it goes actually trying to use the reader effectively.

One idea for students is to set up a blog for the class, and then get teachers in other parts of the district, state or country to set up class blogs. (actually, many will already have them) Then google reader could link to them all allowing your class to follow other students in the larger larger musical community. Hmmmm. My gears are turning...

Here is a video I found on School tube. I like the look of this site better than teacher tube. Great inspiration this Andy Mackie whose foundation builds stringed instruments with kids in schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment