Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thing #11

I didn't know you could create your own maps like this! And Add pictures and video clips ta boot. I knew you could do that with Google Earth but that is a program you put on your computer. This online option is nice! Easy to link in an email, or put up on a website. I did one here to teach about Jazz history. Each marker highlights a new development in jazz styles and lists some major players of that style.


View Where did Jazz develop? in a larger map

I can see doing one that shows parts of the Erie Canal that used to run through NY. I do that song in upper elementary and usually talk geography for a bit as an introduction to the song. I spend some time drawing on the whiteboard a map of NY state to show where it was and to show why it was useful. How neat would it be to be able to put up the map on the whiteboard and use the markers to guide the presentation! I could even add pictures of the Erie canal village that keeps a small stretch of the canal operational. I'll have to do that for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment