Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thing #4

Here is the link to my first voicethread. http://voicethread.com/share/1032169/

I see this as having lots of possibilities for student interaction. It's not face to face but more like an improved message board. You can hear someone's voice which conveys so much more than just text. I like that you can comment by voice, video, and draw on the scren as you explain your comment or initial voice thread narration. I can see posting a picture of a staff and having students draw notes on it to show what they know about rhythms or tonal patterns. Each student could go and comment each demonstrating what they know. Colleagues could comment on music program videos and give suggestions or ask questions or just give encouragement!

Here is my second voice thread. I was having fun here so I was myself and a few others who decided to comment on the voice thread in different ways.
http://voicethread.com/share/1032246/
This could be shared with other music teachers via my website or emailing them the link. They could view the content and then start the conversation.
I discovered how to embed a voice thread. Here it is. I think you can add a comment directly in this embedded voice thread.


I found this voicethread on a music teacher's website for her recorder players. She posted dorectons and a tune for the kids to play for a playing test. They log in and play the song for the teacher to grade. I want to do this next year.
http://voicethread.com/#q.b309107.i1651621
She also has one for kids to sing a new endings to a song she sang the start of on the voice thread.

I think I have done something like podcasting. I have posted audio clips of my students making music. Parents and students can comment on the blog post containing the clips so seems like a simple sort of podcast. Check out mrconniff.com. Click on the link in my bloglist to the left labeled Music Education Mr. Conniff Music and scroll down the blog page to find the audio clips.

No comments:

Post a Comment