We have used Picasa for a few years now and really like it. I just recently uploaded to picasa web albums to try it out. I haven't really used it for much of anything but I might start. All my pictures are on my computer at home and picasa offers an easy way to get them uploaded. You can have private or public albums which is good for privacy issues with school websites. You can have student pics in a private web album that is then linked to a password protected or invite only section of the site. That will have to be my solution for my website that hopes to service my elementary music class population that totals near 800. The editor Picasa offers is pretty good. Crop, color and white balance adjustment, red eye removal and resizing for emailing and posting are key features.
A few years back we set up a photo bucket account to share pics with family. We didn't end up using it very much and kinda forgot it was there. Upon researching for thing 3, I visited photobucket again and resurrected my account. I was impressed with the set of editing tools they now have or have expaned (didn't use 'em last go round)It had all the features you could want. There was also a "save as copy" so you can retain originals. this is especially nice for cropping for specific purposes but still want the original for other things. Here is an embedded picasa web album slide show. I used a bunch of pictures of a recent woodworking project.
No comments:
Post a Comment