Here is a photo on I uploaded to my new flickr account. It seems you can't embed the photos like you can from Picasa web albums. There is no embed code to copy and paste into a blog post/ page. You can post to your blog from inside flickr. You need grant flickr access to your blog with a few click that are pretty easy to follow. One downside to flickr might be storage limitations unless you upgrade. I need to check this out more. This seems to be a good place to house pics. Has the standard editing tools (you can also house video here too).

I take it back! Once I made my photo public...anyone can see it...I was able to grab the HTML code to post in a blog without going through flickr. The new downside is that you can't have a private photo that is then posted to a website.
Not good for student pics!Free account limit: 100MB worth of pics per MONTH and two 90sec videos per MONTH. Otherwise $25 per year. hmmmmmm.
Great observation! For those of you who are not sure what Peter means by "embed"....Many Web 2.0 technologies allow users (you and me) to put objects like pictures and video into websites and blogs without having to know all of the crazy codes. They give you the code and you just copy and paste. :)
ReplyDelete